Friday, September 14, 2007

Napa Valley beauty

On Friday I had some time to kill before heading to the Oakland airport for my red eye flight home. I had the bike and 1 hour so I decided to take a spin up one of the Napa canyon roads. There were a bunch of small vineyards and being "crush" season the grapes were looking as picturesque as possible.
This ride was a leisurely stroll since time didn't permit much else and my body was still feeling the effects of the whale's vagina. Here are some nice pictures of the grapes.





If I had more time and energy there were some great 30-80 mile loops going out of Napa that I would love to explore. Maybe I can do it on one of these next time...



Rumor has it that the single speed world championships will be in Napa next year so maybe I'll have a chance to do more exploring then.

Look for a post about the travel bike very soon. I plan on showing why I spec'd it the way I did and how it packs up for easy travel.

2 comments:

Radio Freddy said...

The travel bike is paying for itself!

Unknown said...

seriously, i've taken three trips with it already and have 2 or 3 in mind this year. 6 trips in six months is pretty good