Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Boone?

I was looking forward to this week's trip to Boone, NC because I knew there would be lots of hills and amazing views. Unfortunately I was not sure if I'd be able to hook up with a group to show me around and the area did not look easily navigated alone.

Luckily these guys were nice enough to let me join them for their recovery ride. I rode with the shop owner, an NAV (NY-MA based club) rider, and a touring Specialized demo bike rep. Unfortunately I was scrambling to get my bike assembled in time to leave with them so I forgot to grab my camera. On the plus side I set a personal best time in assembling the Ritchey.

Tomorrow should be another fun ride with these guys. I'll remember the camera so I can capture some of the awesome views. In the meantime, google Boone, NC.

No comments: