Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mission Aborted

I tried to go mountain biking with my teammate and all around great guy Chip Baker today. I even put the studded snow tire on the bike last night. Unfortunately the trails at Cutler Park were still too covered with light fluffy snow so the bike just sank. Maybe a Pugsley would have worked but I doubt it.


So I turned back to the car and we re-equipped with more condition-appropriate gear.

Nearly 2 hours of hiking, a little running, and lots of great conversation including bikes, racing, family, careers, and geographic locations. My legs are tired from the effort but my spirits are high from the company and conversation. Despite being March, Boston is still covered in 8+ inches of snow. It may melt away with the upcoming heat wave but in the meantime I'm doing my best to enjoy what's left of winter.

No comments: