Friday, January 9, 2009

no battenkill roubaix

Last year I missed out on the registration because frankly I wasn't ready to commit to the event so far in advance and it sold out quicker than I expected. This year I have a conflict that will keep me far away from central NY on April 18th. I was initially disappointed about missing the Battenkill Roubaix yet again in 2009. It remains on my short list of must-do events before I retire and move west. But I am extremely excited about the other adventure I will be part of instead.

Last summer I got to see a great deal of the United States from the seat of my bicycle. This spring I am going to see amazing sites at 4000m of elevation from the comfort of my hiking shoes. Even if it rains the whole time, I know it will be a scenic adventure with great company in the form of my wife, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law.


When I arrive in Cuzco and start acclimating to the high altitude I'll probably be gasping for breath with almost as much frequency as my friends who are trying desperately to maintain contact with the leaders of their respective peletons. Maybe next year I'll be with you guys. In 2009 I'll be far far away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just hope i don't get selected for random testing when i return. oh, but don't worry, i have told UCI/USACycling where I will be in hopes that they will not want to test me during this period.