Monday, November 17, 2008

on my way

Here is a list of some of the things I saw while riding to work today:


- a crossing guard sitting comfortably in her brand new Cadillac Escalade while young children dart across a four lane road as if they are playing the old skool Frogger video game.

- a 9 year old child walking to school with a recently purchased cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee (could have been tea or hot chocolate I guess). I guess even 9 year olds need their caffeine to get moving in the morning.

- a full sized man on a tiny folding bike (with the saddle so low he looked like he was riding a BMX bike) with a huge suitcase sized backpack. I've seen this particular fellow 4 or 5 times now while commuting and I applaud his efforts but think he might want to try raising his seat.

- 10-12 other bike commuters. It was a nice morning for a ride.

No comments: