Wednesday, August 29, 2007

some shops make you feel unwanted

I'm traveling for business this week and I decided to stop into a shop that I had called upon many times in my former life but had never had the opportunity to visit. I guess today I figured out why they didn't sell our product very effectively.

When I go into a bike shop, I don't want to be badgered by sales people, but at the same time I don't want to get a disinterested hello as if my presence was an inconvenience. Sure, they may be able to tell right away that I am nothing more than a tire kicker, but what else do they have to do? Continue sitting on their thumbs?

Enough about my shop blast. My secondary mission was to inquire about good club/training rides in the area since I will be back very soon with my bike in tow and hopefully will be able to jump on some of the rides. At least the shop was able to offer some advice on rides. I'll be sure to post details about those rides when I visit again.

No comments: